Wednesday, June 6, 2012

FOTA

The Festival of the Arts was much more than I expected. I have attended before, but was still not prepared for this year's.  Maybe it was the graduation goggles, or maybe it was the praise and pride I received and felt over my work, but it was definitely a special day. I signed up for a full day as a sort of joke; "Availability: ALL DAY ERR DAY" was what I wrote on the sheet, I believe, but once there I couldn't imagine leaving.  It was a fun day.  I was surprised at the attention that my kinetic sculpture gathered, especially from adults. It was exciting to see how people reacted.  Some children were hushed, and some parents impressed that a ceramics student would have such a project idea.  All around it was an excellent experience. I even met Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment